2014! The Blogging Continues

Here I am, with my first blog post of 2014!

In my last post I gave some details about Smogcon. Part of this will be the Bushido Grand Master Tournament taking place on the Sunday. I entered this tournament as one of my first choices for the weekend.

At the point that event registration went live however there was one small issue. At that time I had only played a couple of demo games. To rectify this I turned to my good friend, sometime “New Game Guinea Pig” and all around trusty side-kick – Steve!

Looking at the models that I already own the two factions that would give us the most options were The Prefecture of Ryu and The Cult of Yurei. As I intend to play the Prefecture that left Steve with the Cult. So far we have managed to play two games and are slowly getting to grips with the rules. We have also signed up for a local tournament towards the end of January. Although I have plenty of experience playing in tournaments, through Warmachine and Hordes, my aspirations for this are limited and I only hope not to get completely anihalated in every game…

Hobby wise not too much has happened since I last posted but there has been a little action to report. First up is progress on Hanso. I posted a picture of the base I had painted for Hanso many moons ago. Since that time I have painted a little here and a little there and he was coming to a point where he was nearly done. At this point i decided it would be a good idea to give painting his eyes a shot. The results were not good! in the end the eye sockets became a claggy mess of white and black paint. I tried to scrape it out but it was to no avail. Accordingly I resigned myself to the fact that he would be taking a trip to a jam jar full of thinners. This is where I stumbled upon an idea!

When stripping paint I use Cellulose thinners. This stuff is NASTY! It strips paint so quickly and depending how a model is primed, paint litterally falls off without the need of the scrubbing associated with other cleaners. So the plan was to take a small amount of thinners on a cotton bud and remove the paint from the face. As luck would have it it worked! So I now have a model who for the majority is painted but has a silver face…

Other than this I have been  building, mainly, Cult models for Steve to use.

I hope to get a bit of painting done on a couple of models over next couple of weeks though. So fingers crossed I may get some pictures up in the post… Maybe.

Thanks for reading folks.

Advertisements
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: